The Life of Amy

Sunday, March 13, 2011

Weekend Review

Well my weekends have to stay pretty low-key for the next couple weeks because my final comprehensive exam for graduation is due on April 1st... meaning I need to be working on them every day pretty much! I've worked soOooOOoooo hard for the past 2 years, meaning I don't want to NOT do my best work at the end, even though I'm so over it. :) But I do try to have some fun here and there. One of my fav sayings is "Work hard, but play harder." So here's my review of the weekend:

Friday Night- Dinner at Johnny Rockets and then saw the movie "Battle Los Angeles" with the BF. OK not my favorite movie by far and I definitely would not see it again. Nothing is actually real! The Camp Pendleton shots were filmed at the beach in El Segundo near my apartment, the Lincoln scenes that were supposed to be in Santa Monica were so obviously not here because the traffic lights were all hanging ones! This is LOS ANGELES. We don't have ANY hanging traffic lights here!! HAHA.

This is what the movie showed

What real LA traffic lights (and traffic) looks like

There were a few other aspects as well... some of the acting wasn't so great (Kevin HATES Michelle Rodriguez and I don't think she's so great myself), the story lines were never resolved (probably keeping open for a sequel), and war/alien movies are not really my thang in general. BUT it was nice to have a little date night with my bf.

Saturday- Spent the entire day cleaning my little apartment and working on my comp exam reflections. 7 done and 8 to go! Then my kindergarten teacher/good good friend Lori came over and we met with Kevin for dinner at the Tin Roof in Manhattan Beach.

http://www.tinroofbistro.com/

It was delish! We tried their caramelized brussel sprouts which were amazing and I had the BBQ chicken pizza and a fantastic champagne mojito. I highly recommend the place.






YUM.

Thanks for meeting us for dinner Lori! Love you!

(This picture was taken a few months ago- I promise we don't get this dressy for din)

Now I'm sitting in my apartment, in my pjs, watching Lifetime movies and really thinking some things through. It's been a rough day/late last night and there are a million thoughts running through my head. Not going to go into details, but all I can hope for is that everything works out. I know there are so many things that I need to work on when it comes to ME and all I can say is that I'm truly going to try.

No comments:

Post a Comment