The Life of Amy

Saturday, March 12, 2011

My Heart Goes Out

(This was actually written yesterday... Friday, March 11th)

My heart truly goes out to all of those in Japan and the other parts of the world affected by the earthquake and tsunami. It really is a reminder of how easily life can change and even be taken away. I didn't find out until early this morning when I received a text message and voice message from LMU. I had gone to bed on the early side last night and don't usually have time to watch TV in the mornings before I leave. The messages said that it was still safe to come on campus despite the tsunami warning (the school is located on a hill, however my apartment is only a mile from the ocean). I had no idea what they were talking about until I turned on CNN and saw the unbelievable footage. At work today, we tried to keep track of what was going on and I admit spent a good part of the day being stunned by the pictures and video. I feel so blessed for all the people in my life, my apartment, my health, my education, my job, and just everything else I tend to sometimes take for granted. My thoughts are with all of those devastated by this terrible tragedy.


No comments:

Post a Comment