The Life of Amy

Monday, March 14, 2011

It Was A Good Day

Today was a million times better than yesterday. Last night everything got worked out and I am back to being happy again, but with some things in mind of what needs to change. Sometimes I just have take a step back. I am really going to start working on myself and not let all the stresses of life get the best of me.

Anyway, it was a good day (I'm sure no one picked up on my Ice Cube reference, but that's ok) and it went like this:

Up early- which was hard because of the time change! Anyone else feel that way? Ah!

Day of interning at the middle school:

- participated in a workshop about grief counseling provided by "The Gathering Place." It was a wonderful presentation and they gave us so many resources,book titles, and activities... truly beneficial.

- weekly boys group

- lunch with Melissa (thanks for treating girlie)

- spirit assembly with lots of St. Paddy's Day themed fun

- various counseling, case notes, meetings etc.

BUT the best part of the day was when one of my 7th grade boys came up to me and told me that they had to fill out a survey in one of their classes. He said he wrote on his survey that his favorite part of the class was ME! Side note: I help run a class for failing students on Mondays and Wednesdays, and Wednesdays I take the 7th graders (7 of them) and we do some counseling/guidance lessons separately. I thought it was so sweet of him to write that and to tell me. MADE MY DAY!


Rest of the day:

- gym

- cooked up some din din (meatloaf and a potato casserole) for me and my babay

- fav Monday night shows: Intervention= #1

- now finally finishing up some school work for tomorrow

So all and all... it was a goooood day! Hope everyone else had one as well :)

1 comment:

  1. oohhh!!! i love this! i'll probably be stealing this idea soon!
    happy to be blog friends! :)

    ReplyDelete