The Life of Amy

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Battle at Primm

A few weeks ago about 10 of us traveled to Primm, Nevada for a little weekend getaway. My boyfriend, Kevin, is into something called "Off-Road Desert Racing" (I use the term "into" very loosely because he's pretty much obsessed)and we go on these trips as often as we can. They are actually a ton of fun. If you are interested in more about desert racing here are a few links...

http://mdrracing.com/
www.snoreracing.net/

The trip in a nutshell:
- good friends and family
- cheap drinks
- some gambling here and there
- bad buffet food
- bonding in the desert
- awesome cars/trucks
- one of the best roller coaster rides
- just loads of fun

I was lucky to be Kevin's co-driver for the first race on Saturday (meaning I tell him directions from the navigation system, keep an eye on the gauges, look for trucks around us, etc.). It's sooo fun driving in his 1997 Ford Ranger that he completely rebuilt himself and to get those competitive feelings racing, no pun intended! By the end of the weekend/after the 2nd race on Sunday, he ended up getting 15th place (I believe out of about 50 others). I was extremely proud of him because he puts such work and heart into that truck and his racing; he truly has a passion for it. AND the best part is we get to travel with all our friends and have very memorable times because of it.

Our amazing group (or team) of friends

The ladies

The truck

The back of the truck

Anyone seen Toy Story 3? LOTSO!

Me and Kevin <3

Beth and Damien

Danielle and Greg

Kevin's mom, his brother Travis, and his girlfriend Madeline

Getting ready to race!


Off we go

FINISHED!

Greg and Kevin- best friends since age 5

Danielle and me- new good friends

Part of the race track (you can see Kevin's truck if you look hard)

Primm was such a fantastic trip and we went at a time that I was totally stressed out and overwhelmed. Being able to spend 3 days in the desert with amazing people was so wonderful for me and I had tons of much needed fun! I can't wait until the next race.

And as a little teaser... I actually raced the truck in the Powder Puff race back in October. Pictures and race results to come later in this blog. :p

As an important reminder: Life is so short. You have to work hard, but you also have to play hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment