The Life of Amy

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Skydiving

Ever since I was about 18 years old I've always wanted to go skydiving, but it just never happened. Finally almost 10 years later, my boyfriend took me as a birthday present (thank you again baby). It's been about 2 months now since I went and I'm still so ready to go again! It was one of the most amazing experiences that I have ever had in my entire life. My good friend Melissa was brave enough to jump with me, while Kevin and my parents watched safely from the ground. We signed our lives away (on camera I might add) and within minutes we took our quick 5 minute "training," suited up, and off to the plane we went. After about a 20 minute flight, the door was opened and each person began to jump. My super cool instructor gave me one last thumbs-up and on the count of 3 I was dropping faster than I can put into words. The wind hits you so hard, the ground is flying towards you, and the air is cool/fresh; it's the most indescribable feeling. Once the free fall ended (lasted about a minute), we coasted down to the ground. You could see everything... the ocean, the snow covered mountains, and all of Los Angeles. It really is like flying. I recommend everyone try it once and I definitely plan on going again.

With Melissa before the big jump

All suited up and excited to go!

My wonderful boyfriend... who next time is going too :)

Off on the plane we go

1, 2, 3.... JUMP

I feel amazing!!

I honestly could not stop smiling

Coming in for landing

We made it back!

Thank you so much Melissa for going... something we will never forget

Here's the video link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldvWL3S-efg&feature=player_embedded

Now everyone go out and skydive too!

No comments:

Post a Comment