The Life of Amy

Monday, June 27, 2011

Summer!

The June gloom has finally lifted and it's officially summer... my first summer in years with no school, no interning, and no job (for now). The past few days have been amazing. Friday I spent the day by the pool and then Kevin and I drove to Anaheim, checked into our little motel, and headed to the House of Blues in Downtown Disney for the concert. After arriving and finding out the bands we wanted to see weren't going to play for a couple hours, we decided to take a little walk to find some cheap drinky drinks and dinner (Disney is obviously OUTRAGEOUSLY priced and as we joked "not the happiest place on Earth" because there are no stores that sell alcohol haha). We decided to go on a walking adventure and ended up at "Wonderland Market" and then a tiny Mexican place. Not that we are complete cheapos, but instead of spending a ton o money at the House of Blues, we bought some alchy at the market and drank it with our Mex food and on our way back to Downtown Disney (yeah yeah don't judge).

I love Disney!

We are soooo classy together... love ya babe

Authentic lil Mexican place (enchiladas were delish)

Gotta love the "Wonderland" theme

The concert was a blast... Strung Out and Face to Face were awesome! We had a great time and made it back to our little motel (in a cab) safe and sound.

After sleeping in, we drove on back and spent the day lazing around. We went to a little local Mexican market and grabbed some carne asada, then Kevin cooked it up on the BBQ. Yes we both loooooove Mexican and he's a fabulous griller/chef. The evening was spent eating outside and then watching movies (we were still recovering). Nice to relax together.

Sunday I sat by the pool and then we decided to invite some friends over to help eat the left-over carne asada, chips, and salsa. Turns out 5 people came over and we spent all evening out by the pool, grilling, drinking beers, and catching up since we haven't seen most of them in awhile (due to my crazy schedule). Unfortunately I didn't take any pics, oh well. After they left, Kevin and I ended the night sipping drinks in the hot tub. What a great overall weekend!





Then today the 2 girlfriends who came over last night joined me for a little pool time again. We sat out, worked on our tans, chit chatted (without our boys there wink wink), and did a little summer reading.


I AM LOVING THIS BOOK! I highly recommend it to everyone... I just can't put it down.

So that's my summer so far... not too shabby, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment