The Life of Amy

Monday, June 6, 2011

The End of an Era

It's amazing how fast time goes by. I began interning at Adams Middle School on January 10th (my birthday) of this year. I remember being incredibly nervous, excited, and apprehensive all at the same time. I didn't know exactly what to expect and I lacked a lot of confidence going in. However, now that I have been there for almost 6 months, I can say it's been such a memorable experience. I have a ton of hilarious stories, students and fellow interns that I'll never forget, a higher confidence level, a feeling of being needed and that I made a difference, and just overall I really grew as a person. I am so thankful for the experiences I had and people I met during this crazy journey. I won't get all sappy just yet because I'm still going to be there for the next 2 weeks until school gets out, but on Friday my supervisors took all of the interns out for a goodbye lunch. Table for 15!! We went to Tony's on the Pier in Redondo Beach and sat overlooking the water. It was a beautiful lunch and I am very lucky to have met all these wonderful people.













Thank you to everyone at Adams for changing my life over the past 6 months.

No comments:

Post a Comment