The Life of Amy

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

22 Days

I can't believe it is already June 1st. Everyone remember to pay their rent/bills?


Time is FLYING by per usual and I'm just trying to stop now and then to catch my breath. We had an awesome Memorial weekend in Lake Havasu with 9 of our friends... boat rides, sunshine, beers, food, fireworks, you name it. It was a relief to get away from the stresses of interning and class for a weekend. I can't wait to post all of our fun (inappropriate) pictures :)

Well since today is June 1st, it's the 22 day mark until when I am finally/completely done with interning and grad school FOREVER! WOOO HOOO!! I was looking at my calendar today and was in shock that I only have 4 more days at the high school and 7 more days at the middle school (3 of which are half days). Unbelievable! I am anxious, sad, ecstatic, confused, and in denial all at the same time. What a mixed level of emotions. As I know I've said before, I am beyond physically, mentally, and emotionally drained, however once I am done who knows what I'm going to do with myself!! Free time during the week... what's that?!?!? If anyone has any fantastic employment prospects please let me know.

Quick update on my day... my LMU and interning supervisors met today to discuss my internship. So happy because I got a RAVE REVIEW! They said all these wonderful things about what I've accomplished, who I am, and all I do. The biggest compliment was they would hire me in a second if there was a position available. My only weakness was that I sometimes let me anxiety drive my perfectionism and that it's not healthy. Yes, yes I know. But hey... if that's my biggest weakness I'll take it! I was so tired and stressed today that I actually shot a staple through my fingernail and had to pull it out. Let me tell you..... OUCH!!!!!!

Ok I need to get going and prepared for class which is starting in 10 minutes. Mock interviews, not going to be fun. Happy first day of June!

No comments:

Post a Comment