The Life of Amy

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Lucas Oil Race- Glen Helen

Saturday was a FANTASTIC and much-needed fun day for us. We woke up early and were out the door at 4:30am (yes that was a little rough) to head up to the Glen Helen Raceway up in Barstow. We spent the day in the sun, watching races, and cheering on Kevin. I raced the qualifying heat with him and our friend AJ raced the actual race. Kevin did awesome and placed 16th. I'm incredibly proud of him for doing so well! We went with Beth and Damien, AJ, Kevin's cousin Marissa, and friend Amber. I didn't take a lot of pictures because my camera was dying, but I have a good amount on Kevin's camera... I'll post those once we download them on my computer. Here are some for now though.

Me, Lotso, and the racetruck

Lotso stayed on the whole race... barely! The announcer even said, "I don't know if Lotso is going to hang on for this one." It was hysterical!

With Bethie

Kevin's cousin Marissa and me

The racetrack... thanks babe for making my life always so fun.

Well I can't believe it! Today is my VERY LAST DAY interning at the high school and tomorrow is my VERY LAST DAY interning at the middle school. It's finally here!! THEN, even though my portfolio isn't due until next week, my teacher asked if some of us would submit early and yes I volunteered, which means I have to have it done by this FRIDAY! Also I have a presentation in class tomorrow (that I bumped up from next Monday, yes I'm just trying to be done). While this week is going to be crazy and hectic (I have a girls dinner tonight too- more on that later), I cannot wait to be done. Friday will be a major celebration. Even though I still have summer school next Monday and Wednesday, I'll just have to sit and listen to other people's presentations. One reason I want to be done early is because I have a birthday party this Friday night, a wedding Saturday, and Father's Day Sunday. I am really looking forward to not stressing over anything and just enjoying the entire weekend celebration. Happy Tuesday!







No comments:

Post a Comment