The Life of Amy

Thursday, June 16, 2011

Home on a Thursday!

WOW! So this is what it feels like being home at 11:30am on a Thursday! WEIRD!!!! Yesterday was my last day EVER interning and it was extremely bittersweet. I am very happy to be done, but at the same time I will miss my kids a whole lot (especially the middle schoolers). I said all my goodbyes and thank yous yesterday and Tuesday, and kept myself together pretty well. Then I spent every second of my free time working on that final portfolio... and guess what?!? I finished it yesterday before class! Everyone was soooo mad and jealous, but I worked my A$$ off to get it done. Today I will do the last minute proof reading and tomorrow I meet with my teacher to SUBMIT. After that I still have class Monday and Wednesday, but I'm just watching other people give presentations (I did mine yesterday in class and it went great). I am so happy. I came home last night and Kevin made a yummy chicken dinner. He's been great lately... even brought me flowers the other night too knowing how stressed I am. I feel so fortunate to have such an amazing boyfriend in my life. Oh and my daddy too... he helped me out by going to the store and picking up some essentials for my apartment that I never have the time to go grab. I am really the luckiest girl in the world because I have the best men in the life.

The pictures of me that I had to take down from the counseling room

Our little spot... Liz working away on last minute stuff

Flowers from Kevin

So now after I submit my portfolio, what am I going to do with myself?!?! As I said, it feels very strange sitting on my couch during the morning hours on a weekday. I still woke up early today and got up with Kevin to make him breakfast before work. Since it was only 6ish, I ended up crawling back in bed after he left and spent the early hours watching Law and Order SVU. Finally around 10 I got out of bed and ate breakfast myself. Now I've been relaxing and watching old episodes of "Make Me a Supermodel." I definitely though am going to start cleaning my car, apartment, and getting myself healthy again. I can't wait to start exercising regularly and eating healthy. I plan to hike, bake, organize, read, swim, bike, and just concentrate on my own self care for the next month or so. I physically, mentally, and emotionally need some TLC after these past 2 years and 2 months (especially after the brutal 6 weeks I've gone through).

How healthy and clean am I! The passenger seat of my car... and you can't see the 2 cups of coffee either




I can't wait for some ME time. Before I sign off... I wanted to say that Tuesday night we had a fantastic girls night at Houstons in Manhattan Beach. I went with my momma, her best friend, her daughter, and my kindergarten teacher! We have all been friends for almost 25 years... incredible isn't it! It was great to spend the evening with them catching up. I wish we all lived closer and could get together more often, but it just made the night more memorable. I love them all so very much.

With Beth- I've known her since she was in her mommy's tummy!

Beth and Lori- my kindergarten and 2nd grade teacher, friends for 22 years

All the ladies- my momma, Lori, me, Beth, Laurie

Thank you for a fabulous night!

Well that's enough for me right now. Back to bad reality TV... but hey I deserve the break :)


~Amy~

No comments:

Post a Comment