The Life of Amy

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Happy Happy

To begin with... Happy Father's Day to the best daddy in the whole wide world! I really don't get to express enough how much my papa means to me. He is the most caring, compassionate, generous, loving, supportive, and wonderful man. I could not have gotten through the past 27 years of my life (especially these past 2 difficult years) without him. He has spoiled me, loved me unconditionally, and been my rock and best supporter. I had him at every sports game, school function, and anything that I asked him to go to. Whenever I need anything, there he is and even when I don't ask for anything, he still goes out of his way. I really could never have asked for or even imagined having a better dad. Happy Father's Day Papa... you are a one of a kind, amazing, perfect father and I love you more than words can ever express. Thank you for my apartment, my car, my education, the cards, flowers, hugs, and all the love that you have shown me throughout my entire life.







I love you papa
~Emmie~

The next thing I am happy about is my portfolio is turned in! After a small crisis (part of one of my assignments got erased right before I turned it in, don't ask I'm trying to forget it), I met with my teacher and after going over everything, I hit the SUBMIT button. I AM DONE WITH GRAD SCHOOL ASSIGNMENTS FOREVER WOOOOO HOOOO. It's really the best feeling. I am so proud and relieved. Then today I got an email from my teacher stating the following:

Hi Amy,

I graded your portfolio tonight and gave you CREDIT.

The following is the final comment I wrote:

'Amy - This is an excellent portfolio. You have met or exceeded all areas on the rubric. You have displayed meticulous attention to detail in all sections of the portfolio. Your genuine caring for your students and your concern to do well in everything you do will serve you in good stead in your work as a school counselor. Good luck in your journey! I am confident you will do well.'

Could I be happier? NO! It's a great moment in my life.

Finally, yesterday was a joyous and momentous occasion... my mom's best friend's son Scottie got married. Growing up, we lived on the same street and spent all of our time together (Scott is the oldest, then Michael who is my age, and Beth who is 2 years younger). All 4 of us were best friends, especially Michael and I who were inseparable. I had a wonderful childhood and their family played a huge part. Unfortunately we all now live in different cities and don't get together too often, so it made yesterday even more special. I had one of the best days. The wedding itself was beautiful, outside on the ocean in Malibu... we drank, ate, and danced the night away, hours and hours with friends I hadn't seen in years. After the wedding we even went to a bar so we could continue the celebration. I didn't get to take too many pictures, but I'm sure there will be lots to come from other people. Here are the ones I did snap:

Off to the wedding

Laurie and Momma- best friends for 25 years

The Schlumberger women

The ceremony

Peattie boys- Scottie and Mikey

Bridesmaids- Beth and the bride's sister

My childhood bestie

Jen and Scott saying "I do"

Sipping champagne at the after-party

Takin a break from dancing- me, Michael, his girlfriend Gina, and Beth

Bethie and Amy

Congrats Scott and Jen! May you have a wonderful marriage.

So that was my happy weekend. Today Kevin and I laid on the couch all day recovering (he joined me at the bar for the late night party scene since the wedding was very small and I went as my mom's date). Just ate some Mexican food and now back to my water and vegging! Hope everyone has a good week to look forward to! I have class Monday and Wednesday where I'm just going to sit back and listen to my classmates presentations. Cinch! Otherwise I'm going to run errands, start organizing, clean my apartment, get back to the gym, and start with the self-care. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment