The Life of Amy

Monday, May 16, 2011

Master's Degree Graduation (and party)

It's been awhile, yes I know. I was soooo sick for the week after graduation and ended up taking the entire time off to rest and get better. Unfortunately, I am still somewhat sick (I know it's been a week and a half now), but I'm slowly getting back to normal. I guess it's just very difficult when you have so much going on. After 3 days laid up in my apartment (Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday) it was off to El Centro on Friday for one of Kevin's truck races. He finished the entire race and I am extremely proud of him for toughing out the 200 miles! However, that post and all the details/pictures will be for next time. Right now I want to post my graduation and party pictures. Looking back, the day still seems like a blur and I can't believe it went by so quickly. Again, it was one of the best and most memorable days of my entire life and I can't thank everyone enough for EVERYTHING. It was amazing. Here are some of the highlights.

Graduation:

Amy Erin Schlumberger, Master of Arts in Counseling

School of Education Grads

With my dear Melissa

Melissa, Me, Torrey, Aisha

Walking in the procession line

Accepting my "diploma" (which I will not get until a few months from now)

Trying not to lose my dang cap!

With my boyfriend (the awesome photographer)

Party:

Cheers to grad! Couldn't have gotten through the past year without him

My cousin Melanie and her daughter Hadley

With sweet Hadley

Damien, Beth, Madeline, Travis

Neighbor Chelsea- I babysat her all her life and now she's in college... time flies!

With Keri from work

Melissa again :)

Kevin's mama Linda made the sweetest toast to me

The party... all looooove

Miss Heller and my papa

Graduation cake

Blowing out the candles... my wish= a job!?!?!

My best friend and best guy

Congrats to me!!

For some reason I don't have any pictures from the party with both of my parents! Not sure how that happened... but as I said the time went by so fast and it was a whirlwind of emotions. I have tons and tons more pics, but felt these were the best that captured my special day.

Now it's back to interning and today I start summer school (2 times a week, 4-7pm Monday and Wednesday). UGH! I am soooo burnt out and let me say how incredibly difficult it is to attend graduation and then not be completely done. I have 200 more interning hours to complete in order to obtain my credential and 6 weeks to do them in. Not to mention, I have 8 final assignments to do by June 24th. I think this will probably be the hardest month and a half of my graduate school career. I'm so ready to be finished, this is just my last home stretch. After this, I can conquer anything! We do have a few fun short trips coming up, which lessen my weekends for school time, but at least give me something to look forward to. As usual, time is flying and I'm just doing my best to hold on. :)

Happy Monday!

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment