The Life of Amy

Monday, May 2, 2011

Brunch, Alpha Sigma Nu, Party Party, and a Day of Relaxin'

Another fantastic weekend! Saturday morning my Momma and I went to a beautiful brunch held by Kevin's Mom. She had a number of ladies over to celebrate an early Mother's Day and it was just fabulous! We drank mimosas and ate eggs, ham, cheese, potatoes, the works. I absolutely adore Linda for welcoming us into her life and family. The weather was perfect and we had a great time sitting in the sun drinking, eating, and talking. Thank you Linda so much for everything!




(Unfortunately I didn't snap any actual pics).

After the brunch, we picked up my Papa and headed over to LMU for my Alpha Sigma Nu Initiation Ceremony. ASN is a Jesuit Honor Society and only accepts the top 2% of the class. In order to be a part you need a 4.0, community service/volunteer hours, a letter of recommendation, and a long essay. It was a tough task, but I was thrilled to be accepted. I've worked so hard to make myself stand out and have a future resume that is the absolute best it can be! The ceremony took place in the chapel and was followed by a reception out in the Jesuit gardens overlooking the ocean and Marina del Rey. Again, the weather was just perfect this weekend and I had a lovely afternoon with my parents.










Once the ceremony was over, I hung at my parents' house for awhile and then I met Kevin at his neighbor's house for a little party. We watched the fight, drank a few Coronas, and chit chatted.


On the way home, Kevin and I decided, "Hey why don't we keep on having a fun Saturday night and head to the Shack for a bit." I love that I have a boyfriend who I can hang at home with during the week and go to parties/bars with on the weekend. We are so perfect together! Love ya babe :)


Let's just say that after a long, full Saturday we took advantage of a LAZY Sunday. We spent the entire day in our pjs, watching movies. It was wonderful to cuddle on the couch for hours and hours. I looooove having that time together. It's priceless.



Finally we ended our day by heading over to his parents' house for some dinner- steaks, lobster, scallops, and veggies. His dad is a fantastic cook too! We've been soooo spoiled lately. It's incredibly wonderful to have both sets of our parents together and living in the area. I love spending time with all four of them. After dinner and watching the news about the death of bin Laden, it was time for our favorite show... The Amazing Race. The couple we disliked the most FINALLY got voted off. Woo hoo!




So yes... another amazing, memorable weekend. I feel so fortunate and grateful these days, I couldn't ask for anything more. Now it's just 5 more days until graduation! I am really really really looking forward to the friends and family who are coming into town for it! This is such an incredibly exciting, emotional, and wonderful time for me. I don't want to forget any of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment