The Life of Amy

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

2 4 1 Tuesday

Terrific Tuesday! Today was my graduate school exit exam/presentation of my portfolio. I planned on trying to sleep in this morning, but of course that didn't happen. I woke up early, lazed around, got all dressed up (business/formal attire of course), and headed over to LMU. I met with my professor and presented my portfolio, reasons why I should graduate, strengths and weaknesses of the program etc etc. I knew I would do fine, but of course I was nervous nervous nervous! I am such a neurotic perfectionist and I put soooo much pressure on myself that I make a HUGE deal out of everything. It went very well though and she kept saying that my portfolio was "exemplary." Proud of myself :)

After the exit exam, it was perfect timing because I got to have lunch with Kevin! He had to work over-night last night (poooor guy), but that meant he had the day off and we went to Hermosa Beach for lunch and ate on the top deck of a restaurant in the beautiful 80 degree weather with a view of the ocean. It was perfect! I was so excited to eat lunch with him on a TUESDAY. Such a treat! AND it was buy one burger, get one free... ie. 2 4 1 Tuesday!




Then I had to head to class. BOOO. It was a long one, but I needed to turn in my signed intern hours and a couple other assignments. Our teacher was super sweet and brought some treats for us. She calls the class her "Pioneers" because we have worked very hard and gone out of our way to do a lot.


After class, my friend Liz and I thought... hey we should go out and celebrate the completion of our exit exam and last spring semester class! We headed over to Cabo Catina in Marina del Rey and grabbed some tacos and a margarita. Again, I love that I get to spend time with one of my best friends almost everyday between class and interning.







So it was a pretty great Tuesday for me! Tomorrow is middle school and dentist, Thursday is high school and hair appointment, Friday is middle school and drinks/din with friends and then.... GRADUATION WEEKEND! Time is flyin!

No comments:

Post a Comment