The Life of Amy

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

WILW


I hardly ever have the chance to post on Wednesdays... so I decided I'd post the "in" thing, "What I'm Lovin Wednesdays!" I'm loving soooo many things at the moment. First and foremost, I love that I passed my comprehensive exam/final grad school portfolio. I poured my heart and soul (and sanity) into it and yes it paid off in the end. I was confident in what I submitted, but there is always self doubt and worry in my mind. But, graduation here I come!


I am also majorly lovin on Kevin these days. He has been AMAZING the past few months in particular... I think grad school is harder on him than me at times. We had a great date night Friday at Islands and then this week he has just been fantastic. I love the fact he makes me dinner every Tuesday because it's my super long day, I love that he puts up with my stress and has been my rock lately, and this morning I even woke up to a sweet note and a surprise gift- a little butterfly stamp. I loooove you soooo much baby.





This weekend I loved spending all Saturday afternoon and Saturday night with my new friends Danielle and Beth. Danielle and Beth are the girlfriends of two of Kevin's best friends. We have gone camping and to Kevin's "Battle at Primm" race together before, but Saturday was the first time we spent a good amount of time just the 3 of us. From 2:30pm until about 1:30am we just talked, laughed, told stories, and totally bonded. I had them over to my apartment for a few mimosas and beers, then we walked down to the Shack. And yes, around 1am we were all calling the boys to come pick us up.





I'm also lovin that I had Friday off to take a nice solo bike ride on the beach bike path. I went from my apartment in Playa down to Redondo Beach Pier and back, which is actually quite the ride! It was nice to have some alone time to be outside, listen to my ipod, get exercise, be at the beach, and just to rejuvenate a bit. It was definitely needed!





Finally, I loved that I was able to go shopping and to lunch with my Momma on Sunday. It's time for a graduation dress! We didn't buy one, but I did get some ideas of what I want. I also need some really hot shoes, since the cap and gown are soooo UGLY! Gotta give people something good to look at. I can't wait to find the perfect outfit. More importantly though, it was nice to spend the afternoon with my Mommy. Thank you! Also I'm lovin that my Daddy has been working incredibly hard on the house and yard to make everything look nice for my graduation party. He is the most dedicated and hard-working person I've ever met and I am so thankful for all he is doing. Take it easy though once in awhile Papa!









Alright, that's enough for this big long post! Hope you are loving lots on your Wednesday too and lots of love from me. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment